Appen is currently looking for participants to take part in a voice recording project in our Farmington Hills, MI and Pleasanton, CA Office. The purpose of this project is to help develop speech recognition technology.
• Participants will be recorded while reading a number of sentences in US English.
• Recording session will last approximately one hour.
• $50 USD in the form of an electronic gift card.
• No prior experience necessary
To be eligible, you must fit one of the following accent groups:
• Hispanic (natively bilingual Spanish and English)
• Asian American
• English Canadian
• Texan accent
• Southern - African American (e.g., Charlotte, Atlanta, Birmingham, Tallahassee, Jackson, etc.)
• Southern - Caucasian (e.g., Charlotte, Atlanta, Birmingham, Tallahassee, Jackson, etc.)
• Southern Coastal (e.g., Savannah, Charleston, etc.)
• New England (e.g., Boston, Providence, Hartford, Down East Maine, Manchester, etc.)
• New York City (NYC, western Long Island, northern New Jersey)
• Must be able to read US English fluently
• No speech impediments
Detailed project information and instructions will be provided shortly after you have enrolled.
Appen constantly seeks motivated freelancers to support their translation, transcription, annotation and data collection teams. Your successful contribution to this project will grant you a space in our database and a good chance to be considered for projects in the future.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
To apply, register via the link below according to your preferred location: